Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hump day

The middle of the week, I love the turn of the week. Monday and Tuesday are just like Ive heard described so many times...an uphill climb. Then comes Wednesday when you go over the peak and look at the downhill run. That pretty much describes my week. The beginning of the week I introduce new ideas to my class and we struggle through it then we begin winding those lessons up and coast on into the assessment time. Sometimes a test or a project or an activity that is just meant to be fun but shows me what they learned.

Another reason I really enjoy my Wednesdays and Thursdays is because I do reading groups on those days. It gives me a chance to meet with my students in a small group setting and really work on those individual skills that are needed and also a chance to just enjoy the kids. I love it.

Today we had a tornado drill, the first drills are always so much fun...not. We go out get into position and then we have to see if the students are in the safest place available, it takes a lot of shuffling to find the perfect place...safety is first. I think we did finally get it where everyone was as safe as possible.

Not much has gone on at home, Ive just kicked back and am relaxing. I need to go load the dishwasher and fold the laundry that is in the dryer. Ill get it done before bedtime. Well that's it for my day. Hope everyone has a good Thursday.

No comments: